Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Curry Yogurt Orange Roughy


This is a recipe I made up the other night looking at what I had in the refrigerator. It has a little bit of a bite to it, so it may not be popular with children, but I really liked the flavors, and wanted to remember what I had done, so I am posting it here. I never measure, unless I am baking, so feel free to adjust to your taste.

Servings:  4        Prep Time:  5 minutes     Cook Time:  20 minutes

Ingredients

4 Orange Roughy Fillets
1 Tsp Salt
1/2  Tsp Pepper
1 Tbsp Oil
3/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2  Cup Chopped Cilantro Leaves
1 Tbsp Curry Powder
!/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Grease a 8x8 inch baking pan with the oil.  Orange roughy is a very oily fish, so you don't need much oil.  If you substitute a different type of fish, you may need to add a little more oil.   Rinse the fish under cold running water and pat dry.  Salt and pepper both sides of the fish and place in the baking pan.  Orange roughy shrinks during cooking so they can be placed close together.

Mix together the yogurt, cilantro and curry powder.  Spread evenly over the top of the fish.
Sprinkle the parmesan evenly over the  fish.

Bake on the center rack for 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment